AUDITIONS – “Halfway There”
Welcome to the small town of Stewiacke (stoo-ee-ack), Nova Scotia – a town whose claim to fame is that they are located halfway between the Equator and the North Pole.
There’s no such thing as a secret in Stewiacke. Not when the gossips meet for coffee every day at the local diner. Vi, Rita, Mary Ellen, and Janine are all as close as can be, and they know everybody’s business. But when Sean, a heartbroken doctor, moves in to take a temporary job at the clinic, he tips the Maritime town off its axis.
What follows is a month of lessons learned for all, through hilarity, tears and the bonds of unshakeable friendship. Sugar and spice and everything nice…with a dash of Maritime salt! Halfway There is a feel-good theatrical experience that will keep you smiling long after you leave the theatre.
Characters (Cast of 5)
Janine Babineau: mid to late 30’s – attractive, honest, straight forward, down to earth (what you see is what you get). Not shallow or flirty.
Sean Merrit: 42 – Good looking and knows it, but not conceited. Playful, determined, confident…but geniune.
Vi, Rita and Mary Ellen: all are 50-60 years old. Janine’s dearest friends. These ladies are the heart and the comedy.
When are the Auditions?
Thursday, January 12, 2023 – 7pm to 9pm
Saturday, January 14, 2023 – 11am to 1pm
**There will be no callbacks, so be sure to bring your A-game to the auditions.
Where are the Auditions?
Heritage Hall, Multipurpose Room
12460 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2J5
Production Run Dates:
March 2 to 5, 2023 in Pitt Meadows
March 10 to 12, 2023 in Maple Ridge
Cast will also need to be available March 1, 7 and 8 for load in/dress rehearsal at the respective venues.
Venues have been secured, but will be announced at a later date.
- Please let us know if you require a specific audition time, otherwise auditions will be first come-first served.
- Auditions will consist of reading sides from the script.
- Please come prepared with a list of any dates you may not be available to rehearse. The calendar can be adjusted at the beginning of the rehearsal process if selected performers have minor conflicts – but once we finalize based on casting, there will be no further changes – so be sure to let us know now.
- The performance will require some actors to execute simple dance steps (waltz – Sean & Janine). Dance experience not required, but it would be an asset.
- The first read-through will be Sunday morning, January 15 at 11am. Rehearsals will be on Tuesday and Thursday evenings 6:30 to 9:30 and Sundays from 11am to 3pm. (subject to change)
Not all actors will be needed for every rehearsal.
- We are a theatre CLUB. Everyone involved is expected to be a team player and pitch in where needed, whenever reasonable, including but not limited to loading in and out of the venues.
- This is a Non-Equity, Community Theatre Production. All cast must become members of Emerald Pig Theatrical Society. Membership is $10, or $20 for a family (must reside at the same address) – the fee is payable at the first rehearsal.
If you require additional information please contact the Director, Angela Bell, at email@example.com.