Emerald Pig Theatrical Society
Founded by John Stuart and Sharon Malone in the spring of 2001, EMERALD PIG is an anagram of our community’s name, MAPLE RIDGE. It’s a little bit rural, a little bit whimsical and a lot of fun!
All of our members are volunteers who perform, produce, direct, build, staple, duct tape and sew for the love of live theatre. We put the ‘YOU’ in commUnity theatre! Check out our upcoming productions and auditions in “shows”.
In October 2001, we became registered as a nonprofit society under the Societies Act with an elected board of directors and in August 2004, we obtained status as a registered charity.
Our mandate is:
- to foster and encourage amateur theatre in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows;
- to produce and perform theatre of all kinds;
- to foster and encourage theatre as a recreational, educational, and creative activity open to everyone in the community;
- to foster and encourage participation in theatre of persons of all ages and levels of experience;
- to foster and encourage artistic and practical development of members through exposure to workshops, mentoring and productions;
- to contribute toward the growth and development of the arts community