One Night Only!Continue reading
Written by William Shakespeare
Directed by Simon Challenger
As You Like It is one of Shakespeare’s most familiar and best loved comedies. Written around 1600, it is an enduring tale of love, betrayal, retribution and redemption. Merriment abounds in this charming hodgepodge of comedic characters, mistaken identities, misunderstandings and unusual wisdom. Follow Rosalind and Celia as they flee in exile from the evil Duke Frederick’s court into the Forest of Arden where Rosalind assumes the identity of a young lad, Ganymede, and finds her true love in Orlando, also hiding in the forest. They all meet up with the good Duke Senior and his entourage. But, for her own safety, she can’t tell Orlando or anyone else who she really is and instead Ganymede helps Orlando to practice his courtship of Rosalind by pretending to be her. After much hilarity, all is revealed, the natural order is restored and true love prevails.
When are the Auditions?
Sunday, March 1 – 1pm to 3pm
Tuesday, March 3 – 6pm to 9pm
Callbacks Tuesday, March 10 – by invitation
Where are the Auditions?
Preschool Room, Maple Ridge Leisure Centre
11925 Haney Place, Maple Ridge, BC V2X 6G2
Production Run Dates:
July 9 through 11 in Mission
July 16 through 18 in Maple Ridge
July 23 through 25 in Pitt Meadows
- Please let us know if you require a specific audition time, otherwise auditions will be first come-first served.
- Please come prepared with a list of any dates you may not be available to rehearse.
- Find the sides here.
Actors may, if desired, prepare a monologue of their own choice in addition to the provided sides.
- No experience with Shakespeare necessary! We’ll provide you with plenty of assistance to better understand and deliver your lines.
- There will be some dancing in the production, including the closing number. We have a choreographer who will work with the actors. There won’t be any complicated steps, so no formal dance training or experience is necessary, but is always welcome.
- Rehearsals will commence on April 5 with a read through of the play. Rehearsals will usually be on Monday and Thursday evenings, and Sunday afternoons – subject to change.
- This is a Non-Equity, Community Theatre Production.
If you require additional information please contact the Director, Simon Challenger, at firstname.lastname@example.org.